How to Paint Black and Grey Figurative Angels
Part 1: Creating the Canvas: Palette Knife and Brush – 15:06
Part 2: Forming the Face and the Hair – 13:28
Part 3: Defining the Space Around the Subject – 5:47
Part 4: Forming the Body – 22:18
Part 5: Painting Details – 23:49
Part 6: Painting Highlights – 19:00
Part 7: Layering Highlights and Translucent Light – 27:34
Part 8: Finishing Touches – 17:57
Welcome to How to Black and Grey Figurative Portraits by Noah Elias. This masterclass will provide you with an inside look at how I create photo-real portraits with just three colors. If you are just a beginner or at the intermediate level, this masterclass will help refine your approach to becoming advanced. My goal is to get you painting photo-real as soon as possible and the sky’s the limit for you!
What to expect: I highly encourage my students to learn how to paint monochromatic images and black and white before attempting to paint color. This allows you to nail realism and believability before attempting color mixing. I believe that nailing realism is the first priority and where we can break all bad habits.
*Note: If you are a beginner I would encourage you to first take my Intro to Airbrushing course to get your fundamentals down to ensure your confidence when attempting to dive into portraits. This masterclass is for those that are highly skilled. However, you might just want to sit back and watch to gain an understanding of what’s needed to achieve this level of execution. You will also have a great deal of insight as to what is needed when you decide to do your first portrait.
Pro tip: The key to this technique is to look and match your reference. Matching the lighting patterns and shadows is paramount to the realism of the figure. If you guess and “make up” the strokes, you can easily cancel out the believability of your work.
What you will discover:
- How you should mix your colors
- How to read lighting in the image
- How to properly highlight and shade
- How to mix pallet knife and smooth texture
- How to evoke emotion on your choice of images and subject matter
- My thought behind color psychology and how it can help make your art what someone will hang in their home
- The pro’s and con’s of freehand shields vs. freehand
- How to freehand lace and patterns of the fabric on her dress
- How to paint hair that is illuminated from a heavenly light source
- How to get a dynamic face from just a few strokes. Letting the mind fill in the blanks.
- How to draw the viewers focus to the main payoff
- How to judge and execute the edges of your subject matter to naturally fade into the environment
- How to exercise restraint and create an image with the least amount of effort. I want you to learn how to paint efficient and strategic.
- Watch me paint the image from start to finish and watch over my shoulder.
Materials List and the Resources You will need for this course.
Once you enroll, you will receive access to a comprehensive materials list as well as links to my sources to purchase.
You will need:
- Acrylic ink/paint
- Compressor or air source to power your airbrush
- Board, canvas or paper to practice on
- Easel or table to paint on
subaction showcomments cialis smilie older abuddy
Buy Cheap Lasix Smerncer https://acialisd.com/# – Cialis injenuejanty how often to take cialis sheabhierara Cialis GrereBrala Priligy Release In Australia
tadalafil ineffective eroda
Prix Propecia https://acialisd.com/ – Cialis Take Flomax At Night cialis 5mg best price Dapoxetine Side Effects
LEAVE A REVIEW
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Noah Elias is the founder and CEO of Great Flood Publishing Inc. and Noah Studios Inc.. Noah was Voted Top 25 Artist in the World by Art Business News Magazine and is the creator of “The Kid In Me™” which tells the adventures of the kid in each of us through the eyes of a child. His previous projects include Lexus, Toyota, MTV, Microsoft. Noah was recently voted by Microsoft as one of the 10 most influential companies under 10 employees. Noah is the founder of Noah University which helps equip and empower entrepreneurs into a successful business and lifestyle. Noah is the author of the best selling book “Speed Bumps” and the life transforming book “#Fearhunters” which helps people remove fear and shame from their life so they may live in their true identity and calling. Noah’s creations have grown to partnerships with The Walt Disney Company, Costco as well as Lucas Film Ltd..