How to Paint Stylized Cartoon Fairies
Part 1: The Approach and Image – 10:26
Part 2: Establishing the First Color and Composition – 18:48
Part 3: Painting Wings, Crown, and Hair – 27:53
Part 4: Painting the First Pass of Highlights – 14:13
Part 5: Painting the Wood and Nature Elements – 23:23
Part 6: Painting the Dress and Grass – 44:27
Part 7: Final Highlights and Background – 46:45
Part 8: Closing Remarks – 4:51
Welcome to intro to How to Paint Stylized Mermaid Cartoons by Noah Elias. This masterclass will provide you with an inside look at how I created this painting with just a few colors. If you are just a beginner or at the intermediate level, this masterclass will help refine your approach to becoming advanced. My goal is to get you painting with your imagination and creating dream worlds with confidence.
What to expect: I highly encourage my students to learn how to paint monochromatic images and black and white before attempting to paint color. This allows you to nail realism and believability before attempting color mixing. I believe that nailing realism is the first priority and where we can break all bad habits. I’ll be revealing my approach as to colors I pick for home decor’ and the role they play in collectability.
This masterclass will reveal my approach to lighting and shadows with just a couple of colors and how you can use these techniques in your own approach whether you use a traditional brush or digital painting. You will be watching over my shoulder during one of my real-life commissioned paintings. You will then have the chance to apply these same steps in your own craft.
A word from Noah:
Pro tip: Open up yourself to embrace new techniques and approaches. When we stretch ourselves we grow further as creatives. If we don’t stay teachable we become stagnant and our work plateaus without evolving. I’m excited for you and how this masterclass will help you grow!
What you will discover:
- The best approach to your color mixing sequence for efficient production
- How to create fantasy lighting and glows
- How to properly highlight and shade to achieve 3-D effects
- How to use your basecoat as a mid-tone to save time and achieve smooth shading
- How to convey a story through your image
- My thought behind color psychology and how it can help make your art what someone will hang in their home
- How to create out of focus backgrounds
- How to freehand techniques using three colors for a fantasy feel and glow
- How to render wood and nature elements
- How to create metallic finishes and shiny objects
- Discover freehand techniques to help you grow in confidence
- And much, much more!
Materials List and the Resources You will need for this course.
Once you enroll, you will receive access to a comprehensive materials list as well as links to my sources to purchase.
You will need:
- Acrylic ink/paint
- Compressor or air source to power your airbrush
- Board, canvas or paper to practice on
- Easel or table to paint on
LEAVE A REVIEW
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Noah Elias is the founder and CEO of Great Flood Publishing Inc. and Noah Studios Inc.. Noah was Voted Top 25 Artist in the World by Art Business News Magazine and is the creator of “The Kid In Me™” which tells the adventures of the kid in each of us through the eyes of a child. His previous projects include Lexus, Toyota, MTV, Microsoft. Noah was recently voted by Microsoft as one of the 10 most influential companies under 10 employees. Noah is the founder of Noah University which helps equip and empower entrepreneurs into a successful business and lifestyle. Noah is the author of the best selling book “Speed Bumps” and the life transforming book “#Fearhunters” which helps people remove fear and shame from their life so they may live in their true identity and calling. Noah’s creations have grown to partnerships with The Walt Disney Company, Costco as well as Lucas Film Ltd..